1. AGPC ™ Home
  2. Parrot Articles
  3. African Grey Forum
  4. Parrots For Sale
  5. Parrot Rescue Centre
  6. AGPC ™ Blog
  7. Parrot Shop
  8. Contact Us

Article 10 certificate

10% Discount in The Online Shop
  • July 10, 2020, 01:31:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  


Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Article 10 certificate  (Read 5164 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grey and cocker spaniel

  • Egg
  • Reputation: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 26
  • Hatch Date: 4th February 2016
  • New To The Forum
    • View Profile
Article 10 certificate
« on: January 30, 2017, 10:57:00 PM »

Hi my friend has just adopted a African grey. He was told that everyone that had a African grey from tommrow had to get a article 10 certificate. Anyone know anything about this. Charlie is doing very well talking now and he ofter shouts mum. 1more thing what are is a grey fully grown.


  • "whats one more..."
  • Administrator
  • * Head Pecker *
  • *****
  • Reputation: 465
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 28648
    • View Profile
Re: Article 10 certificate
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 07:33:37 AM »

IMPORTANT! African grey parrots and CITES (Adapted from a friend's post).

The uplift of African grey parrots onto Appendix I of CITES takes place on Monday 30th January 2017. This means that you cannot commercially trade this species without an Article 10 certificate. You will need to apply for an article 10 certificate which will only be issued once CITES are satisfied with information provided.

To clarify,as of this coming Monday it will be ILLEGAL to sell, trade or have money exchange hands, whether a 'donation' or otherwise for an African grey parrot without an Article 10 certificate. This will also affect charities and rescues asking for donations for such species.

In addition should birds be gifted then you must have written documentation proving they are gifted and not paid for, traded or donated for a cost (selling!)' There is no need for any official paper from them but a document with the givers name and address and the receivers name and address , species, identification source, stating no money has changed hands and signed and dated by both parties should suffice should the authorities do any checks.

For any queries with regards to this matter please contact UK CITES MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY on 01173723700 and they will be happy to assist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Whatever your doing today, do it with a smile and remember, there are thousands of people who would want to be in your shoes

i smile cause you have all finally driven me insane!
Pages: [1]   Go Up